Although the webinar is available for viewing here on the website (and we encourage you to watch it), the highlights are as follows:
- Dr. Nivedita Jerath gave a great overview of PP
- Laura Russell discussed PP from a social worker’s standpoint, and the importance of emotional support for the patient and caregiver
- Dr. Todd Bell provided a timely talk about Covid-19 and its known properties as well as its uncertain interaction upon PP.
- Dr. Silvestri from Strongbridge Biopharma had a very good program.
- Dr. Steve Cannon once again gave an insightful, detailed presentation on channelopathies that was both scientific and understandable.
Our thanks to Strongbridge Biopharma for sponsoring this webinar! We intend to feature more webinars beginning the first of the 2021, and they will be focused on single subjects and therefore will be much shorter in length. The PPA is moving forward in new growth directions but we will never leave our roots of being there for you so that you are never alone.
Click for speech
|09:55 AM||Linda Feld – Opening of the webinar|
|10:05 AM||Dr. Jerath – Diagnostic challenges and the future|
|11:05 AM||Laura Russell – Emotional journey Periodic Paralysis|
|11:45 AM||Dr. Todd Bell – COVID-19 for the Periodic Paralysis patient: Awash in a sea of incomplete science|
|02:05 PM||Dr. Cannon – 2020 research update on Periodic Paralysis|
|03:00 PM||Linda Feld, Dr. Jerath and Dr. Cannon will interact live to answer questions|
|04:00 PM||Say Goodbye and see you next year|