- Conference begins Oct. 23, 2015 at 3pm. Registration will open at 2pm
- Conference will be in Rosen Shingle Creek ” Sand Lake Room” (room has windows)
- When registering for conference your registration will not be accepted without payment being made
- A maximum of 10 (TEN) walk-in guests are welcome at the conference and must pay onsite
- There will be a lunch included with your conference fee on Saturday Oct. 24, 2015
- A live auction will take place at lunch on Saturday
- Water will be available in the room at all times
- Blankets and pillows will be available in the room at all times
- Paramedics will be on duty at the conference during conference hours
- If you are taken to the hospital you must have a person to go with you. PPA Board Members and physicians attending as speakers are not allowed to treat patients
- It is strongly suggested you bring an able bodied person to the conference with you
- There is a room block at Shingle Creek for PPA members, when the block or hotel is filled there will be no more rooms on the property and you will be required to stay elsewhere
- The room temperature will be 75 degrees F. Please plan accordingly due to your needs
- There will be 3-4 wheelchairs available for use in the conference room. Please bring your own chair if you will need it elsewhere.
- There are several restaurants on the Shingle Creek property and also a convenience store. There will be a refrigerator in your room. Please bring any necessary snacks with you
- The Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel is about 10 miles from the Orlando International Airport. Handicap accessible cabs can be arranged for by contacting Mears Transportation on the internet
- Scooter/wheelchair rentals are also available. Scoot-A Round is an excellent internet resource
- The hotel will honor our special PPA rate for 3 days before and 3 days after the conference if you want to sightsee
- Doctors attending as speakers are FINISHED working after conference hours and should not be approached for private consultation
- The Conference will end Sunday Oct. 25, 2015 at 12:30 pm. At 1pm conference doors will be locked
The date and time
October 23, 24, 25
Rosen Shingle Creek (5-star Hotel)
Rosen Shingle Creek is nestled on a 230-acre site along Shingle Creek just off Universal Boulevard, east of the Orange County Convention Center North/South expansion and just 10 minutes away from the Orlando International Airport. Our ideal location is just a short distance to a variety of Orlando’s best attractions, restaurants, shopping and entertainment venues.
Our 1,500 guest rooms offer luxurious first-class settings that capture the hotel environment. Capitalizing on Rosen Shingle Creek’s elevation, every single room offers a stunning view of the golf course and the area’s incomparable setting —from the perfectly manicured fairways and greens to the picturesque creek, magnificent cypress trees, and lush natural vegetation. For vacationers or meeting guests, it’s hard to imagine a better way to start the day than with the view from these rooms.
We are guided by Rosen Hotels & Resorts Founder and President Harris Rosen’s high standard of quality and unsurpassed service. Rosen Shingle Creek has a team of experienced professionals dedicated to fulfilling the companies’ ongoing commitment to guest and associate satisfaction.
Christoph Lossin Ph.D.
Myotonia Congenita – why does it happen and what can we do about it
Leigh Mack M.D. Ph.D.
Possible new ways to test potassium levels
Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT from Kennedy Krieger Institute/ Johns Hopkins
Exercise guidelines and aquatics in Periodic Paralysis
Canine Companions for Independence
Melinda Sowers – Program Director
Thomas Sanderse with Rich
How Canine Companions can help people with disabilities
My Life Changing Experience in Ulm Germany