What does the PPA offer you
- The website:The website of the PPA contains a variety of information. To start, read this article.
- PPA Forum:The PPA has a extended forum with all kind of topics about periodic paralysis. Visit our Discussion Forum.
- Medical Advisors:The PPA has a selected panel of Periodic Paralysis Experts. For information about our Medical Advisors, go to our biography page.
- Ask the Experts:You can ask our Medical Advisors questions. To ask questions of our Medical Advisors, kindly use Ask the Experts.
- Find a Doctor:This gives you a list of all recommended doctors worldwide. Members can recommend their own doctor to the list. View the list for a doctor near you
The Great Frank Lehmann-Horn LibraryDr Frank Lehmann-Horn devoted his working life to unraveling the mysteries of ion channel diseases. His work is invaluable to the PPA. We are very proud to be able to publish all his articles he wrote or co authored.Go to this excellent library.
Social Security Disability BenefitsIf you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Periodic Paralysis, you may be concerned about your future ability to work. The good news is that the Social Security Administration (SSA) makes disability benefits available for those ho are physically unable to earn income due to Periodic Paralysis. Receiving this monthly support income will go a long way toward easing your financial worries during this very difficult adjustment period. Read more on this page.
Instruments for your GPMedical professionals can get a “simultaneous consult” about their patient’s diagnosis using SimulConsult’s diagnostic decision support software in three ways.
Individual medical professionals can register for a free Classic Phenome version. Using this version, they can enter patient findings into the software to get an initial differential diagnosis and suggestions about other useful findings, including tests. They can also send the Patient Summary output to radiology and genomic labs to improve communication, in lieu of a detailed note. For all the information, see SimulConsult.